Tuesday 7 August 2012

Lemon Cupcakes

Lemon Cupcakes are to die for. They are personally one of my favorites, they're very sunny and you can always count on one to put a smile on your face. They're nice if you want a hint of lemon.They are great if you are looking to bake something easy. I never get tired of lemon cupcakes they're so much you can do with them, you can even add vanilla wafers to add a hint of vanilla, they are so flexible. I love the flexibility that comes along with them cause you can always come up with a new recipe and you don't have to give up the lemon flavor so its a win win situation.
One of my favorite recipes are the lemon coconut recipes. So first you'll need:
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 eggs
* 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup flaked coconut\
LEMON COCONUT FROSTING:
* 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 2 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 3/4 cup flaked coconut, divided
* Shredded lemon peel, optional
THIS RECIPE SHOULD SERVE APPROXIMATELY 15 SERVINGS.
Lemon coconut cupcakes are best when used out of a fresh coconut. I had to learn that the hard way. DO NOT let your coconut sit in the fridge for to long because the water inside will turn brown (yuck). I also like to shred coconut and lemon on top after adding the frosting to give the cupcake that unique look.
Another one of my personal favorites consisting lemon is the lemon drizzle cupcakes they are the best.
To make lemon drizzled cupcakes you will need:
* 250g of sugar
* eggs
* flour
* zest of 2 lemons
* juice from 1 lemon ( until just combined do not over mix)
Once finished pour the remaining lemon juice over the remaining 150g sugar and zest, immediately spoon over the cakes, leave to cool.
As you can see I'm a pretty big fan of lemon cupcakes. I've always loved citric flavors from gum to pastries. I always liked Citric flavors because you can always come up with a new recipe while still containing that certain flavor. I also like them because they're kind of strong and you can taste them right off the back. I hope you enjoyed my brief overview on some of my all time favorites stay tuned if you would like to find out a more about my favorite deserts. ENJOY!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sasha_N_Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment